AJIRA: Technical Advisor anahitajika Mwanza
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
IntraHealth International Tanzania Office is implementing a five-year project (2016 -2021) named Tohara Plus Project for “Accelerating the Scale- up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention for Maximum Public Health Impact in the United Republic of Tanzania, under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)”. This project is funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
IntraHealth International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidate to fill in the Male Circumcision Regional Technical Advisor position for IntraHealth Tohara Plus Project. The position will be based in Mwanza.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Male Circumcision (MC) Regional Technical Advisor is to provide assistance both programmatic and in clinical direction in implementation and scale up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) and Early Infant Male Circumcision activities in supported regions within IntraHealth scope of work, so as to achieve the greatest coverage and impact as possible. The MC Regional Technical Advisor reports to the Senior Program Manager-VMMC.
• Provide technical support, mentoring and supervision to implementing partners in the area of VMMC/EIMC services and other HIV prevention interventions and ensuring quality improvement and quality assurance in delivering VMMC services.
• Contribute to the attainment of all project targets and milestones associated with the implementation of VMMC activities and ensuring National and PEPFAR/CDC country VMMC/EIMC targets are met.
• Provide technical assistance and organize and deliver training, seminars/workshops on MC quality assurance tools and techniques.
• Develop work plan for day-to-day program implementation at the regional and district level including supervision at field level.
• Ensure consistent availability of VMMC supplies, equipment’s and consumables for VMMC services in all static as well as mobile and outreach VMMC facilities.
• Ensure VMMC services follows: WHO, PERFAR/CDC, Government of Tanzania and IntraHealth protocols, policies and guidelines and are consistent with established best practices.
• Maintain up-to date statistics and projects data for the Project’s performance reporting.
• Maintain regular communications with MOHCDGEC/NACP and undertake special assignments from the MOHCDGEC/NACP and other partners.
• Participate in preparing annual work plans, budgets, performance reports and quarterly reports.
• Provide technical assistance and monitor MC quality assurance activities, and progress related to impact and sustainability of interventions.
• Support incorporation of VMMC activities into CCHPs for sustainability purposes
• Write reports, success stories, technical briefs, abstracts for presentations, and updates on the on-going implementation of VMMC services
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS
1. Medical degree or related qualification in Medical science with clinical experience in Tanzania. Masters of public health will be an added advantage
2. Minimum three years’ experience in developing and implementing HIV/AIDS programs, especially those related to HIV Testing and Counseling, Male Circumcision, quality assurance, treatment and care interventions required.
3. Strong supervisory and planning skills and experience coordinating a variety of activities in a timely prioritized manner;
4. Experience as trainer with a strong track record of implementing training strategies and programs.
5. Experience of working with Regional and district health officials. Working with local government officials and government health facilities desired.
6. Knowledge of PEPFAR funded programs would be an added advantage.
7. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse stakeholders and to work independently while being a member of a team.
• Ability to work an irregular schedule on occasion with the ability to travel frequently and on short notice.
• Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
• Excellent oral and written English communications skills, Swahili fluency preferred;
• Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
• Effective Communication: Understanding and ability to apply effective communication, and marketing concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors to an internal and external audience.
• Client Relationship Management: Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs (internally and externally) and maintain partnering and productive relationships during engagements, including influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, and managing new relationships.
• Technical Writing and Documentation: Knowledge of public health technical language and ability to write and/or support proposal writing and project development activities. Ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documents including the development of project milestones.
Desired Skills and Experience
• 3 year(s): Minimum three years’ experience in developing and implementing HIV/AIDS programs, especially those related to HIV Testing and Counseling, Male Circumcision, quality assurance, treatment and care interventions required.
• Bachelors or better in Medicine or related field.
• Masters or better in Public Health or related field.